Wednesday, April 26, 2023

lost love

you never brought me flowers,

but on my walks the flowers come out for me anyway,

roses, birds of paradise, staring back at me.

hummingbirds softly grazing the petals,

there's beauty in everything and i can have it all.

only fools believe beauty is what money can buy.

but the most beautiful things are free;

like grazing my cheek with your hand,

holding my heart in your hand.

but you squeeze too hard, to bruise.

then you don't hold on enough, and release.

you never seemed to get the right hold.

sometimes i feel like I'm back in high school,

sitting, contemplating, analyzing, talking to a wall;

the soft animal inside me wanting to

run down the flower paths and dive into the ocean at sunset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

hehe