Friday, June 10, 2016

lessons

One thing I've learned growing up
is that things you never even thought about
will slowly drive you insane over time.
Once, I heard a song about Montana,
but over the years, I've realized that
anything can sound like a mashed up version
of your long lost childhood if you just believe.
People only see me under streetlights
just like they only see God's crosses
as power lines against a sunset when they
try to drive far away from their youthful mistakes.
Meanwhile, I walk past the same pool everyday;
I'm stuck, but I swear that my eyes are still moving.
I spent a lot of time wondering what happens when
a baseball player is done rounding all the bases
when the game is over - lost or won; regardless,
we're still looking for life on Mars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

hehe