Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Never Hungover Again

I used to be your favorite t-shirt.
Now, I’m at the bottom of your pile of dirty laundry,
waiting for another day; a day to get layered
as the crisp autumn wind pierces through the fabric
of your sweater. I’ll always be close to your heart.
Autumn evenings are a game. I only drive to get food at dusk,
when I start to count how many times I can floor it
on a yellow light and still get away with it.
Someone once told me if I want to stop getting triggered,
I should keep my hands off the gun. 
But it’s too familiar. Pain is all that I know.
I’ll never stop driving up to the lake at dusk,
lowering all of the windows, and watching the sunset.

Another day wasted. Maybe I can do better tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

hehe